Welcome To The Costa Mesa Dog Park
About 20 years ago, the original volunteers of our Foundation worked with the City of Costa Mesa to establish and maintain a dog park on a property provided by the City. That park is known as the Costa Mesa Bark Park. The Foundation had an ongoing agreement with the City of Costa Mesa to maintain the Bark Park by supplying the dog waste bags, water stations, benches, power-washing, among other services. About two years ago, the Foundation turned over the maintenance of the Bark Park to the City. We continue to work with the City, but our board has decided to focus our energy and resources on other dog-related issues. The dogs that are brought to our dog park are the very lucky ones that have found good homes. But there are many other dogs that are in dire situations. And since they are still categorized as personal property in the United States, they are at the mercy of their keepers.
The mission of the Costa Mesa Bark Park Foundation is:
• to provide the general public education concerning canine health issues, adoption needs, special needs ofelderly canine;
• to encourage veterinary care, including vaccinations;
• to encourage owners to spay and neuter their pets;
• to organize periodic pet adoption events;
• to provide information on current animal rights issues;
• to disseminate canine related educational material to the public;
• to build alliances among local canine-friendlyorganizations, businesses and city governments.
Please join us daily between 7am and 9pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!
And remember, the Costa Mesa Bark Park (Dog Park) is closed by the city of Costa Mesa every Wednesday for maintenance and Dog Park upkeep. Please contact the City of Costa Mesa with any questions.